Rachael is an experienced property lawyer, specialising in a wide range of commercial real estate and property transactions.
She has over 12 years’ experience in acting in acquisitions and disposals, leases of industrial units, retail premises, public houses and care land. Rachael also has vast experience dealing with property refinancing and assisting with corporate support. Rachael has also acted for investors in the acquisitions and disposals of HMO’s and large property portfolios as well as acting for developers in the acquisition of development land and the subsequent carving up of the title and plot sales.
Rachael provides advice on personal guarantees.
- Property developers
- Limited companies
- Acting in the acquisition of a development site, dealing with the estate set-up, preparation of the due diligence pack to include planning permissions, infrastructure agreements and title documents, drafting of the template Transfer of Part and Ground Lease to the management company and subsequently the Underlease to each purchaser.
- Preparing and negotiating Agreements for Lease and Leases on behalf of a commercial landlord client for children’s nurseries. This matter was linked to the sale of the childcare business whereby the Seller was retaining the freehold interest in the nurseries.
- Leases of high street shops such as retail shops and takeaways including providing replies to CPSE’s in accordance with the client’s instructions and ensuring that all necessary rights and reservations were included. This includes acting for commercial and non-commercial Landlords and Tenants in the granting and taking of new leases, and the renewal of previous leases. This included title investigation, undertaking necessary searches, preparing reports on title and reports on leases for both the client and any mortgagee, taking instructions from clients and implementing these instructions in negotiation.
- Acting in the refinancing of a large portfolios of freehold and leasehold properties which involved obtaining all title and planning documentation on the site, reporting to the lender, obtaining quotes for search insurance and implementing the same, carrying our all pre-completion searches, completing the charge and carrying out the registration at Companies House and the Land Registry.
- Acting on behalf of a private lender in a loan and legal charge over several properties. This involved raising enquiries of the borrower’s solicitor and reporting to the client, drafting and preparation of the loan agreement and legal charge, drafting an undertaking to be given by the borrower’s solicitor which adequately deals with the use of the funds and the registration of the charges.
- Acting in the provision of advice on Personal Guarantees and providing the relevant certificates to the lender.
- Acting in the refinancing of commercial sites subject to leases which involved reporting to the lender on the terms of the leases and the implications they may have on the lender should they ever which to enforce the charge.
Previous Law firms
- James Legal, Hull Senior Solicitor (May 2015 – date)
- QualitySolicitors Lockings, Hull Solicitor (February 2014 – May 2015)
- Rollits LLP, Hull Solicitor (April 2008 – January 2014)
- Stamp Jackson and Procter, Hull Trainee Solicitor(September 2006 to April 2008)
- The College of Law, York (2005-2006)
- The University of Leicester (2001-2005)
- Universite Jean Moulin – Lyon III (2003-2004)