Sarah is an experienced employment lawyer, with 30 years’ experience advising both employers and employees in all aspects of employment law from drafting and advising on contracts of employment, service agreements, policies and procedures, workplace disputes and discrimination issues through to termination of employment and representation at employment tribunals.
Always mindful of the burden and complexity of increasing employment legislation, Sarah provides clear focussed commercial advice, working closely with clients to find workable solutions to their issues.
- Private sector businesses from SMEs through to large global companies
- Public sector organisations
- Drafting and reviewing terms and conditions of employment, service agreements, grievance and disciplinary procedures, drafting company handbooks including all employment related policies, including but not limited to policies on harassment and equal opportunities policy, social media policies, data protection and GDPR policies and advice, and all family friendly policies.
- Advising on all aspects of employment law including but not limited to recruitment issues, grievance and disciplinary issues, unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal, discrimination issues, national minimum wage, and working time issues.
- Advising in relation to redundancy procedures and collective consultation and in particular large-scale redundancy exercises.
- Advising on changes to terms and conditions of employment and measures to avoid redundancies on a collective basis, including lay off and short time working. Sarah has experience of dealing with clients in highly unionised sectors.
- Advising on disputes at all levels within the workplace including where risk of potential strike action and at board level. Negotiating termination packages. Settlement Agreements and COT3 Agreements.
- Undertaking all aspects of corporate support work, advising in relation to transfer of undertakings (TUPE). Advising on indemnities and warranties and large scale due diligence exercises.
- All aspects of employment tribunal litigation, interlocutory proceedings. Injunction proceedings. Preparing all cases up to and including hearing.
- Sarah has particular expertise in advising on enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Employment litigation.
- Conducting training and seminars for corporate clients and external organisations on employment-related matters.
- Writing regular employment law articles
Previous Law Firms
- Hawkins Russell Jones, Associate
- Rowley Dickinson
- Turner Parkinson LLP, Partner and Head of Employment
- Weightmans LLP (previously Ford and Warren), Senior Associate
- Legatus Law, Head of Employment
- Staffordshire University (LLB (Hons))
- College of Law (Chester) (Solicitors Finals Examinations)
- Middlesex University Business School (Certificate of Attainment in Employment Law)