"David is straight talking. He has an opinion leaving no room for ambiguity. This is something that I value greatly. His integrity is beyond doubt."
- Fran Eccles-Bech, Chief Executive, Manchester Law Society
What he’s best at:
David is intelligent, quick witted, and extremely commercial - making him an excellent commercial litigator. He has practiced for over 20 years, covering a wide range of business litigation, in particular disputes concerning; the breakdown of shareholder, director, partnership, LLP, joint venture and employment relationships, fraud and injunctions, unlawful competition, restraint of trade, confidential information, team moves and springboard relief. He acts in disputes concerning minority shareholder unfair prejudice and breaches of shareholder agreements.
David was President of the Manchester Law Society, and was selected as one of Manchester's top 250 most influential people by the Manchester Evening News.
Who he works for:
- Owner managed businesses
- Boards of directors
"David is straight talking. He has an opinion leaving no room for ambiguity. This is something that I value greatly. His integrity is beyond doubt." - Fran Eccles-Bech, Chief Executive, Manchester Law Society
"David is shrewd and highly intelligent, with an ability to explain detail in clear and concise terms." - Ian Douglass, Partner, Douglass Grange Accountants
- Stoll and Atkins v Wacks Caller (2010) PNLR 4; EWHC 2299 Ch: Developer client sued conveyancing solicitors for failure to include a call-in clause in a contract to buy a development site conditional on the grant of final planning consent.
- Broome & Wellington LP v David Greenstein (2009) EWCA Civ. 589. A claim on a Business Sale Guarantee following the termination of Joint Venture.
- Ashworth v Newnote Ltd 2007 EWCA Civ 793 (27 July 2007). Acting for the appellant against a decision upholding a statutory demand by the respondent former employer.
- President, Manchester Law Society
- Trustee, Medequip for Kids
- Non Executive Director, Callcare Limited
Previous Law Firms
- Partner at Zatman & Co
- Partner at Gorvins
- Admitted as Solicitor (1991)