"Patrick has always been my main point of contact and could not praise him highly enough for his ability to sum up a situation and offer consistently excellent advice" - Roger Frost (Syntax Consultancy Ltd)
What he’s best at:
Patrick has been a corporate lawyer and trusted adviser to business owners for over 35 years. He enjoys most of all getting to know and understand a business and its owners and their objectives, building a long term relationship of trust and understanding. He has a reputation for a down to earth practical and commercial approach based on a sound knowledge of the law and an ability to explain difficult legal issues in terms that clients can understand. He specialises in all aspects of strategic planning including shareholder and partnership agreements, succession planning and shareholder protection, equity incentive schemes, strategic acquisitions, reorganisations, demergers, share buy backs, capital reductions and exit sales, whether to management or trade.
Who he works for:
- Private companies
- Owner managed businesses
- Family companies
- Management teams
"Patrick Billyeald has always been my main point of contact and could not praise him highly enough for his ability to sum up a situation and offer consistently excellent advice whilst maintaining an extremely calm composure, and leave you feeling that the whole matter is in hand."
Roger Frost (Syntax Consultancy Ltd)
- Sale of Chinese subsidiary of UK based private industrial group.
- The acquisition out of administration of the business and assets of Service Point UK and associated acquisition of parent company bank debt.
- The acquisition out of administration of the business and assets of Magnadata.
- The establishment of an EMI share option scheme for a London based investment management company and associated shareholders’ agreement and shareholder protection arrangements.
- Demerger under s110 Insolvency Act of a large company with diverse activities into 7 separate companies and associated bank refinancing.
Previous Law Firms:
- Wells & Hind (became Eversheds)
- Shakespeare Martineau
- Downing College, Cambridge (BA Law, 1st)
- College of Law (Law Society Finals, Part 2)