Harriet is an experienced corporate and commercial solicitor who specialises in the retail and leisure sector. She has a wide range of experience in transactional matters acting for buyers and sellers in share and asset sales and advising on numerous shareholder and commercial and funding agreements. Harriet is passionate about providing commercial and pragmatic advice to clients from the very early stages of their businesses right up to preparations for an exit.
- Key focus on advising on corporate transactions including acquisitions and disposals, share and asset sales, shareholder arrangements, joint ventures and investment arrangements for SMEs and asset purchases from companies in administration.
- Advising on financing arrangements for property developments, loan finance for companies in a wide range of industries, crowdfunding and other alternative finance providers, Sharia Law and private equity investments.
- Commercial property acquisitions by away of asset sale and transfers of going concerns with a particular focus on licensed premises including restaurants, hotels and bars in the UK and betting shops.
- Preparing, reviewing and negotiating various commercial agreements such as distribution agreements and terms and conditions for sale of online goods.
- Acting for the country’s largest independent coffee chain on its UK corporate acquisitions including share purchases, asset purchases, pre-pack deals and a high profile acquisition of assets of a well-known high street bakery in 48 hours
- Acting for luxury developer clients in the acquisition of a property development SPV with a development site in Wimbledon London and advising on multiple refinancing of the development site for over £21m with senior and mezzanine lenders.
- Acting on the sale of a company accounting group for £3,000,000 including upfront and earn-out consideration
- Acting on the asset sale of a family-owned hotel business in South West London to a Malaysian public company
- Advising shareholders of a well-known craft beer company and gin distillery on proposed crowdfunding arrangements with Crowdcube
Previous Law Firms
- Cubism Law 2012-2019
- Gunnercooke LLP 2019
- LPC (Distinction )- BPP
- LLB (Hons) – University College London