Sofia is a positive and diligent advisor. She has worked for a broad range of corporate clients since qualification in 1999, both in private practice and in-house. Her experience spans all the elements of investment and divestment. This includes managing and negotiating share and asset acquisitions and disposals as well as joint venture and shareholder agreement work. She is often engaged to give general corporate and commercial advice and negotiate and deliver agreements, from outsourcing, distribution and agency to terms of sale and supply. Some of her work undertaken has been in a regulated business on global strategic projects and project management of legal teams on these matters.
- Providing legal advice and support on a range of corporate and related issues, including for clients based overseas.
- Advising on shareholders’ agreements and investments in luxury goods and retail, restaurants, technology companies, financial services and logistics companies.
- Acting for significant commercial and corporate clients with interests in rail and road transport sectors.
- Negotiating acquisitions for growth and later disposal of a Microsoft 365 partner.
- Delivering bespoke supply of goods and services agreements for manufacturers and suppliers.
- Advising on the engagement of sales agents in the UK and EU.
- Coordinating and advising on the preparation of standard terms of sale or supply for clients in the IT industry (including agencies), manufacturing, cosmetics and services.
- Advising on European distribution arrangements.
- Drafting transport, haulage and warehouse facility agreements.
- Outsourcing the back-office functions of a fund management business.
- Acquiring a multi-million-pound car business from management.
- Disposing certain commercial general insurance interests of the Aviva plc group.
- Drafting secondary legislation and advising government on the drafting of transport legislation.
- Converting a large global consulting partnership to a rational corporate entity prior to its listing on the NYSE.
- Disposing of a high-street retailer’s multi-million pound subsidiaries.
- Advising a legal partnership on a number of international mergers.
- Co-ordinating advisors and teams on large and complex deals, including engaging legal advisors in her in-house role.
- Concluding commercial agreements for a London client for the London 2012 Olympics.
Previous Law Firms
- Clifford Chance LLP
- Consultant solicitor, Osmond & Osmond LLP
- In-house Corporate Lawyer, Aviva plc