Sofia is a positive and diligent corporate lawyer. Engaged to lead projects for a broad range of corporate clients since qualification in 1999, both in private practice and in-house. Her experience spans all elements of investment and divestment through the stages of the lifetime of a business. This includes managing and negotiating M&A deals or share and asset acquisitions and disposals as well as investments in and exits from companies and corporate structures. She is often engaged to give general corporate and commercial advice. Some of her work has been in a regulated and listed business and includes global strategic projects and project management of legal teams on these matters.
- Providing legal advice and support on a range of corporate and related issues, including for clients based overseas.
- Advising on mergers and corporate structures for a retail business client in London.
- Advising on corporate investments and structuring in London real estate.
- Advising on shareholders’ agreements and investments in luxury goods and retail, restaurants, technology companies, financial services and logistics companies.
- Acting for significant commercial and corporate clients with interests in rail and road transport sectors.
- Negotiating acquisitions for growth and later disposal of a Microsoft 365 partner.
- Successfully concluding exits from business via MBOs and other management participation arrangements.
- Advising partnerships on exit, investment and development.
- Advising on disposals of companies carrying on regulated businesses for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- Outsourcing the back-office functions of a fund management business.
- Acquiring a multi-million-pound car business from management.
- Disposing of certain commercial general insurance interests of the Aviva plc group.
- Drafting secondary legislation and advising government on the drafting of transport legislation.
- Converting a large global consulting partnership to a rational corporate entity prior to its listing on the NYSE.
- Disposing of a high-street retailer’s multi-million pound subsidiaries.
- Advising a legal partnership on a number of international mergers.
- Co-ordinating advisors and teams on large and complex deals, including engaging legal advisors in her in-house role.
- Concluding commercial agreements for a London client for the London 2012 Olympics.
Previous Law Firms
- Clifford Chance LLP
- Consultant solicitor, Osmond & Osmond LLP
- In-house Corporate Lawyer, Aviva plc