Kelly-Marie is a dedicated solicitor with over 15 years’ experience specialising in commercial real estate and property transactions. Kelly-Marie deals with transactions efficiently and provides high quality advice in a timely and cost-effective manner.
She acts for a range of clients on matters including acquisitions and disposals, commercial leases, business asset sales and purchases involving a property element, development sites (both residential and commercial), refinancing and assisting with corporate support. She also has experience in dealing with bespoke commercial contracts such as overages and conditional contracts.
Kelly-Marie is experienced in a wide breadth of properties, from HMO’s, small retail shops and mixed-used properties, through to larger industrial units, offices, leisure sites, public houses, care homes and development and regeneration projects.
- Private individuals, sole traders, partnerships and companies
- Sellers and Purchasers
- Landlords and Tenants
- Not for profits
- Business owners
- High street and private lenders
- Acted for a developer on the acquisition of a large city centre site from the local authority under a building and redevelopment lease, whereby the freehold was secured on completion of agreed stage works. The site involved a redevelopment from disused offices into a mixed use retail, leisure, office and residential site
- Acted on the acquisition of a large former social housing site, and worked alongside the client on a 5 year project to redevelop the site into 73 units. Dealt with the subsequent disposal of the multi-million pound site to an overseas investor following lengthy negotiations and an Option Agreement.
- Acted on the acquisition of former office blocks, and subsequent site set up work for a new leasehold structure and disposals on long term leases following conversion of each of the blocks into residential apartments.
- Acted on the disposal of a prominent commercial listed building in the city centre for conversion into residential apartments, including an Option Agreement prior to disposal.
- Acted for a local charity on the acquisition of various sites, including a former church for conversion into a community hub with positive obligations to carry out essential works to secure the building’s future, former offices for conversion into their main hub with self-build project to the rear, and numerous smaller residential and commercial properties for refurbishment.
- Acted for a local not for profit community organisation in the acquisition, management and disposal of various properties, including a former public house for conversion into apartments for use as affordable housing, a community farm and disused properties for refurbishment to bring them back into use.
- Acted on business asset and goodwill transfers, including small businesses (beauty salons, hot food takeaways etc), bars and restaurants, caravan parks, a children’s day nursery, and a nursing home.
- Acted for developers on residential development sites, including acquisition, the negotiation of infrastructure agreements (S106 Agreements, Wayleaves, S104 and S38 Agreements), site set up work, sales of part and the setting up of management company structures for leasehold flat developments and disposals on long leases.
- Acted for high street and private lenders on both residential and commercial financing and facility agreements, including security documentation, due diligence work, reports and certificates on title.
- Experience in dealing with the refinancing of larger portfolios of freehold and leasehold properties (both commercial and residential/mixed use properties), including attending to registration of the required Charges and Debentures at Companies House and the Land Registry.
- Experience with a number of more complex agreements including Conditional Agreements (for example conditional on planning, licensing, surveys and works), Option Agreements and Overage Agreements.
Previous Law Firms
- Director & Head of Commercial Property, James Legal (2013-2021)
- Senior Commercial Property Solicitor, QualitySolicitors Lockings (2003-2013)
- College of Law, York, Legal Practice Course (2002-2004)
- University of Hull, LLB (Hons) Law (1999-2002)