Sima is a senior corporate lawyer with over 15 years’ experience in M&A transactions in the energy and infrastructure sector, as well as investment funds and asset management.
Sima’s work includes; acquisition and disposal of oil and gas fields and infrastructure (pipelines and refineries) both on and offshore, negotiation of multi-party Joint Venture agreements for the development of energy infrastructure projects, fund establishment and restructuring for Local Government Pension Scheme pools including Private Equity, Infrastructure, and Real Estate, regulated public procurements of fund services including depository/custody, accounting/administration, and valuation, commercial agreements with fund managers and advisors, and advising and assisting start-ups in the health and wellness industry.
- Venture Capital Funds
- Pension Funds
- Investment Managers
- Health & Wellbeing Entities
- Acquisition of offshore hydrocarbon fields and onshore refineries in the Southern North Sea and Europe’s largest onshore oil field and refinery (Wytch Farm);
- Large scale oil and gas Joint Ventures and infrastructure developments in MENA and Eastern Europe;
- Lead infrastructure lawyer for one of the largest Iron mines in Africa (Sierra Leone);
- One of only 4 UK pension pool General Counsels, pioneering the first Local Government Pension Scheme Real Estate Authorised Contractual Scheme (value in excess of £3,000m);
- Restructuring of various Venture Capital PE funds with better commercial and governance terms, attracting institutional investors;
- Setting up the first bespoke health and wellness facility in London, providing secondary care (rehabilitation for injury, pre and post-operative care including physiotherapy, osteopathy, and sports therapy) and healthy catering services for private individuals and the public sector. Awarded contract by Greenwich Council for Health Food & Fund programme.
Previous Law Firms
- Legal Consultant (2014–21)
- In-House Legal Counsel (2005–13)
- Squire Patton Boggs, Trainee Solicitor (2003–05)
- University of Manchester, LLB Law (Hons)
- The College of Law, LPC
- University of Dundee (CEMPLP), LLM Petroleum Law & Policy (Distinction)