"Ginevra provided comprehensive and clear advice... which enabled the company to make and implement key decisions." - Alan Bennett, Company Secretary, Smith Nicholas (Property Consultants) Limited
What she’s best at:
Ginevra is a pensions law expert, having trained and practiced in the field for over 10 years. She advises a wide range of clients on pension law issues.
Ginevra’s work involves technical legal advice for employers and pension scheme trustees on the interpretation, operation and governance of pension schemes, including drafting pension scheme deeds and ancillary documentation.
Ginevra also advises companies and investors on pensions issues in relation to corporate mergers, disposals and acquisitions, for example dealing with pension risk issues in sale and purchase contracts. She also advises on pension scheme issues in corporate restructuring and reorganisation.
Ginevra has experience advising public sector bodies and private sector contractors on major outsourcing contracts involving employee transfers, TUPE and pension rights.
Ginevra has regularly provided training to junior pensions lawyers and taken an active role in the north west and north east Association of Pension Lawyers.
Who she works for:
- Large, medium and small employers in the private sector
- Pension scheme trustees
- Companies and investors
- Public sector bodies in relation to outsourcing arrangements
- Housing Associations and other charitable organisations
Recently published articles:
- DC flexibility - how will this impact on communications to members?
- Trustee of a multi-employer scheme? Read these updates!
- Key points every employer should remember before changing pension schemes
“Ginevra provided comprehensive and clear advice to the directors in a timely manner in relation to the company's pension scheme, which enabled the company to make and implement key decisions." - Alan Bennett, Company Secretary, Smith Nicholas (Property Consultants) Limited
- Advising companies on acquisitions and carrying out pensions due diligence and drafting pension provisions in sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising a central government department on pension issues in relation to IT and general support services outsourcing.
- Advising a company on pension scheme documentation and compliance issues following its successful bid to provide local government services.
- Advising pension trustees on legal updates to pension scheme trust deeds and rules.
- Advising a company on compliance with automatic enrolment.
Drafting documentation in relation to pension scheme amendments.
Previous Law firms:
- Senior Associate, DLA Piper UK LLP, Leeds
- Senior Solicitor, Trowers & Hamlins LLP, London and Manchester
- Solicitor and Trainee Solicitor, Clifford Chance LLP, London
- Member of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Admitted as a Solicitor September 2000
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law (Guildford) 1998
- University of Bristol LLB (Hons) 1997