17 gunnercooke lawyers have been recognised in this year’s Chambers and Partners UK rankings. The 2022 guide has also ranked the firm in the practice areas of North West: Corporate/M&A: Lower Mid-Market in Band 2 and North West: Employment in Band 4.
The ranked lawyers are:
• Brendan Walsh, Real Estate
• Roland Humphreys, Family/Matrimonial
• Matthew Grocock, Social Housing
• Rob Fawke, Banking & Finance
• Paul Calladine, Energy & Natural Resources: Mining: Domestic
• James Pheasant, Sport: Horse Racing & Equestrian
• Siddique Patel, Family/Matrimonial
• Conor Downey, Capital Markets: Securitisation
• Richard Linskell, Employment: Senior Executive
• Rosie Burbidge, Intellectual Property
• David Breslin, Insurance: Contentious Claims and Reinsurance
• Jo Tindall, Employment
• Jen Morris, Real Estate Litigation
• Simon Etchells, Real Estate
• Rebecca Ireland, Employment
• Kirpal Bidmead, Family / Matrimonial
• Sydney Fulda, Litigation
This is the highest number of rankings for the firm in Chambers and Partners so far, and follows on from the news that gunnercooke has been recognised in 13 practice areas in Legal 500, with 39 lawyers mentioned.
Ranked practice areas include: —
North West: Corporate/M&A: Lower Mid-Market
An experienced corporate practice advising clients on the full range of M&A work. Assists mid-market entities across a range of industries both domestically and abroad. Advised on a series of transactions involving the restructuring of Heptonstalls Solicitors for around £40 million.
A client reports: ‘They are a professional firm who take ownership of our issues and always respond within the agreed timescales’.
Notable practitioner: Nick Ducker.
North West: Employment
Well-regarded employment team acting for public sector bodies as well as companies active in the insurance, housing and technology sectors. Offers strength in issues surrounding senior executive departures, employee status concerns and industrial relations. Also acts on the employment aspects of corporate transactions, including TUPE implications and pay issues. Acted for Kostal UK on its ongoing case in which it is alleged to have made unlawful inducements to employees to opt out of collective bargaining when offering a pay deal.
A client comments: ‘We can approach the firm at any time with queries and receive prompt responses. The value for money is exceptional for the quality of advice and service received’. Another source adds: ‘The team is very commercial and very savvy’.
Notable practitioner: Jo Tindall. ‘She is a passionate and outstanding solicitor in employment law. She deals with things in a timely manner, is very thorough and never lets me down’.
View the full rankings online here.