Julian is a specialist tax solicitor. He advises businesses and their owners on all aspects of tax in the UK, helping them achieve their commercial objectives in a tax efficient way. Julian also acts on behalf of clients in resolving disputes with HM Revenue & Customs.
- Listed and private companies
- Owner managed businesses
- Family businesses
- Selling shareholders
- Management buy-out teams
- Private equity firms
- Property developers and investors
- EIS funds and EIS companies
- Overseas companies establishing a UK presence
- Advising on the disposal of a £500m retail division
- Overturning a £2m VAT assessment issued to a food manufacturer and forcing HMRC to change their published guidance
- Advising a private equity firm on a complex series of investments in high-profile trading companies
- Advising a growing company on every aspect of a bespoke EMI share option arrangement for a large number of key employees, which after 5 years resulted in a very successful exit.
- Being the retained tax adviser for a successful sports-based app business, advising on share structuring, financial investments, tax efficient equity incentives for management, and acquisitions of partner businesses.
Previous Law Firms
- Ernst & Young
- Walker Morris
- Lupton Fawcett
- St John’s College, Oxford University
- College of Law (York)
- Regular presenter of Law Society webinars on Stamp Duty Land Tax