The energy sector is one of the most vibrant and constantly-changing industry sectors and as such needs advisers who are totally up to speed on all the relevant legislative and regulatory changes which this Government seems keen on making. This means that the gunnercooke model, with senior lawyers who are deeply involved not only in the legal aspects of sectors but who also understand the underlying industry itself, lends itself well to the provision of advice to the energy sector and in particular the renewable and sustainable energy industries.
The service is led by a leading energy lawyer who specialises full time in the provision of advice in the energy sector.
What we advise on:
- Energy industry regulation and legislation
- Electricity generation project documentation (particularly in the renewables sector)
- Offtake arrangements for generation projects
- Energy infrastructure projects (including both power and heat networks and connections)
- Sales and acquisitions of generation project for
Who we act for:
- Energy generation project developers, sponsors and funders
- Commercial developers in relation to energy infrastructure issues
- Trade associations
- Network owners and operators