"A true professional and a pleasure to do business with. His experience and qualifications in both the UK and Spain make him a pleasure to do business with."
Katie Beckett, Director at The Notary Solution
What he’s best at:
Antonio is a dual qualified Spanish lawyer and English solicitor specialised in Spanish civil law, in particular property and probate matters in connection to assets in Spain. He gives regular lectures on Spanish law to UK solicitors, STEP practitioners and Notary Publics and is known as a point of reference for cross border probate matters between UK and Spain. Antonio is also the Honorary Consul for Spain in Manchester and helps the Spanish Consulate and Embassy with certain delegated tasks in respect of Spanish nationals living in the UK.
Who he works for:
- Private clients
- Solicitors and legal counsels
- Chartered accountants
- Notary Publics
- Consulates and Embassies
“Antonio is a true professional and a pleasure to do business with. His experience and qualifications in both the UK and Spain make him the ideal choice for anyone dealing with Spanish legal matters and I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to any of my clients or contacts.” Katie Beckett, Notary Public and Director, The Notary Solution
"He undertook some great work in respect of my Spanish property with a great result.” Jon Slater, Relationship Manager at RBS
- Acting for a UK Bank in the registration of a UK loan agreement worth £1m over three Spanish properties and adapting the terms of the UK loan to Spanish law.
- Acting for a group of 30 investors who lost their deposits when buying a property off-plan in Spain and recovering their deposits through legal proceedings in Spain against the bank that should have protected those deposits.
- Registration of a caution against the Spanish assets of a person made bankrupt in the UK. A matter that had to be dealt before a court of appeal and that was won creating case law for this type of cases.
- Acting for a law firm that was dealing with a worldwide estate where the deceased was an English national who died intestate while living in Spain and issuing the necessary certificate of law that allowed the client to administer both estates in a very complicated cross-border estate.
- Purchase of a €3.5m villa in Majorca, Spain for lottery winners
- Blog at www.antonioguillen.co.uk
- Honorary Consul for Spain in Manchester
Previous Law Firms:
- DWF LLP
- Max Gold Partnership
- The Beaumont Partnership
- Vilades Abogados (Barcelona, Spain)
- Qualified as a Spanish lawyer (Abogado) since January 2001.
- University of Law of Barcelona